Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Richard Miller: This is How We Dream Parts 1 and 2

african american boy dreaming in his desk
Mr. Richard Miller video explained creative writing with visual interpretation. Miller also spoke about how we can now communicate globally. I think that it's so weird that when I post a blog the blog shows up on the web for anyone to see. He first starts out talking about how he grew up working with books. He mentioned that you can buy the virtual version of a book online for a much lower cost for a book that you might never even open.

Before listening to Mr. Richard Miller I had no idea of how are society is learning. We no longer read an write, instead we watch videos and just listen. Instead of taking a trip to the library to look up information we can look it up on the Internet in two seconds. I can honestly say I have only been in the library on campus once. When I write papers or do homework I look up all the information on the computer. I think it is very true, when Mr. Miller states that an article was more likely to be read on the web than in a magazine or book.

I found this video to be inspiring. I also find that our world is becoming technologically based. I think the old way of reading and then writing down notes is eventually going to be dead. We now can listen to information then collaborate with others work's and make new modified works. Multimedia is growing and multimedia writing should become more common among students and teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment