Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The New Media Literacies by the NML Staff

a lady typing on the computer
I liked the New Media Literacies. I found it helpful and very straight to the point. It flowed very fast through all the information it wanted to point on. It really emphasized on all the things a person needs to know to survive in our society. I think all of the skills mentioned in this video are needed to be effective in the future as a teacher. These skills are used everyday.

To be an effective artist, citizen, and worker, I believe that we will need all of these skills to succeed. Judgement will let us know where our information is coming from. Negotiation is also important for teachers because to learn to become better teacher you are going to have to collaborate with other teachers. Multitasking is a skill I accidentally attempt everyday. I could not imagine how my day would go if I did not multitask. I am constantly doing my blogs and writing papers for other classes and holding my son at the same time. I think in our society, multitasking is very essential because our society is moving so fast, multitasking is the only way to keep up. Navigating the Internet is certainly a new skill for the 21st century. Play would relate to one's surroundings as a form of problem-solving. Performance is the speed or strength at which someone progresses. That is a couple of the media literacies listed in this video. All of these literacies are IMPORTANT.

No comments:

Post a Comment