Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dear Kaia

picture of a childs hand picking up hard mudd
After watching and listening to my assigned readings and videos, I was so amazed. I can not believe a three year old knows how to use a blog. I am twenty-two years old and just recently in my EDM 310 class, found out what a blog was or even how to use a blog. I had heard people talking about blogging but I had no idea what they were talking about. I was so shocked that Kaia has her own blog. Technology is going to be the only way of communicating and teaching eventually, I think. If a three year old is already learning how to use technology then yes this is the way we will be teaching when we become teachers. I like how Kaia's dad is encouraging her to use the computer and use the different ways to interact with others. I believe learning how to use technology is a must in today's society. So why not start young.

I love all of Kaia's pictures. It is so amazing how good she is with taking pictures. I like how her dad video tapes her telling what each picture means. I like the quote her dad says about even if something is ugly, it can look beautiful if you look at it a different way. Her dad seems so great. It is so important to have parents in a child's life like hers.

I also looked at a blog titled Singing Hearts. This blog used twitter. It let Kaia and and eight grade class communicate about a book her father was reading: The Last Child in the Woods. Kaia wanted to discover the outside world. So her and her father go out in the desert where they live and take tons of pictures and then he records her telling what each picture meant to her. He then put it on a blog post for everyone to see.

I just found these blogs so inspiring. I really loved this little girl and I don't even know her personally. But she is so amazing and I love how she is using technology and doesn't even know she is doing something so good. This is great.

1 comment: