Thursday, September 17, 2009

Web browsing alternatives

Mr. Sullivan's presentation was really interesting. It really got my attention. I can't believe all the technology that there is for people with disabilities. It is amazing how much technology can help someone with a disability. There are a lot of different laws also that I was unaware of that protect people with disability. I didn't realize there was so many.
There is screen magnification which makes the text larger on the screen and reads out loud for the person. There is the voice recognition which a person with disability can give commands by talking into a microphone. Then there is the HAL software which reads text and uses braille. I just can't get over all of the things to help those with disabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment