Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture

I really enjoyed watching Mr. Pausch's video http://tinyurl.com/mvy4oq. At first I thought it was going to be a long one hour video. I couldn't imagine myself sitting through an hour long video of lecture when I wasn't at school. But I was very shocked when I began watching this video. I liked how he started off talking about himself and that really grabbed my attention.I was really into it when he said he only had a few months to live. That was so sad but you couldn't tell anything was wrong with him throughout the video. He was so happy about his life. I was really amazed.
Just listening to him one time, really made me admire him. He has so much going on in his life and he still tries to encourage people. He mentioned in the video to make dreams and make a list of each of them. I liked how he made it his mission to enable childhood dreams. Mr. Pausch was so excited about the subject he was teaching. This is the type of teacher anyone would love to have.
I liked how he made his own curriculum and didn't use the same as every other teacher. He let his students come up with their own assignments. He seemed like such a great teacher.
Mr. Pausch started his speech by introducing his main topics he was going to speak about. His topics were: childhood dreams, enabling dreams of others and lessons learned.
The first thing Mr. Pausch listed as one of his dreams was being in zero gravity. I was happy he got to achieve this goal. His second thing was playing for the NFL. He never got to play for the NFL but he did get to coach a football team and this really showed him a lot through life. The third dream he mentioned was being an author in the world book encyclopedia. He also accomplished this dream. Another dream he had was to be like his idol, Captain Kirk. He got to meet him but never got to actually be him. This video and this awesome man really encouraged me to not give up on my DREAMS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment