Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Future of "Whatever" by Michael Wesch


This video by Michael Wesch really amazed me. He pointed out so many interesting ideas. I liked how he points out that media has become another language. He says it is controlling how we communicate. Everyone these days has a cellphone. During my classes many students use their cellphones while lecture is taking place.

Throughout Michael Wesch's video he talks about where our culture is going in the future. He emphasizes on the "WHATEVER" attitude. He believes we only care about ourselves and we do not care about others. He says there are no self-to-self conversations these days. I believe him to be true. So many people are now using the internet or their cellphones to have a conversation. Most students hate talking on the phone and would rather text a conversation. I believe as a future teacher that texting and emailing is going to hurt my students in the long run. They are not going to know how to communicate in front of their peers.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent point Heather about students not knowing how to communicate in front of their peers. Most people at one point or another in their lives will have to stand in front of a group and "communicate" with their peers. I firmly believe in "practice makes perfect." Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete