Tuesday, November 17, 2009

At the Teacher's Desk


At the Teacher's desk was a very helpful resource for teachers. I liked how this website has different blogs about different ways of teaching. It is a great way to find new ideas to use in the classroom.

The first one I liked was the one about facebook. This blog is titled Using Technology for Effective Communication. It talks about different technology to use in the classroom to communicate with students and parents. I like how it uses facebook. It points out that many parents of children in school have facebook and they check it everyday. I would never of thought about using facebook to communicate with parents. But after reading this blog I really think it is a great way to communicate with them.

The second blog I liked but do not agree with was Pencils and Crayons to be Banned in Schools. I don't see how they are going to banned pencils and crayons from school. I think it is important for students to use pencils and crayons especially kindergartners. This is a way to express themselves through coloring or drawing. They have already taken recess and nap time away from them, I can't believe they now want to take this away from them. This is a way of showing that technology is a big part of today's society.

The next blog I found interesting was Scary Statistics. I thought this was so crazy. It talks about girls and boys in school and how they succeed. It shows that more girls succeed than boys. I think we should work harder to help boys succeed after reading this blog. It was kind of heartbreaking to read these standings about boys and girls. I think we, as teachers, should encourage our boys and give them a lot of positive feedback.

I really enjoyed reading these blogs throughout this website. I believe I will continue to use this blog as a form of finding new ideas to use in the classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Good job Heather, but doesn't the assignment state to mention all 5 post that you read???

    ReplyDelete