Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Summary Of EDM 310

When I first entered the EDM 310 thursday night class I was so scared. We were handed the syllabus and I could not believe my eyes. There were more projects on this one syllabus than I have ever complete the whole entire time I have been at South. I did not think I could accomplish everything in one semester. There was also so many different topics that I didn't know anything about. I thought all we needed to know was the basic computer skills and how to type. But later on in the semester I found out we had a great instructor and she would help us through all of the work.

Overall my EDM 310 class taught me all about using technology in the classroom. I really enjoyed blogging and learning about it. I didn't know what blogging was until this class. But I found it very useful to use in my classroom as a future teacher. It will get my students more into their work and get feedback from their peers. I think this will be something I will carry on into my classroom.

When I first read the syllabus I saw we had a lot of presentations. I was so scared. I hate doing presentations and speaking in front of people. But in the end I think I did a great job and really enjoyed getting in groups. I loved doing our podcasts. It was so much fun. At first I didn't think my group was going to do a good job but when we finished I thought our podcast was very interesting. This was my favorite project.

The excel project we did in EDM 310 was very helpful for the real world of teaching. Excel is a spreadsheet that many teachers use. It is going to be helpful in grading and staying organized with our students grades and work. I liked making up my own names and acting like I was a "real teacher."

EDM 310 ended up being my favorite class this semester and I really enjoyed going to class every thursday night. I can't believe I didn't miss any days throughout the semester. I was so proud of myself. I would not change anything about this class. All of the projects and activities are very helpful for future teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment